Programming Journal C#, Java, SQL and to a lesser extent HTML, CSS, XML, and regex. I made this so other programmers could benefit from my experience.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wiki Trials and Errors

I read about Wikis in Code Complete and decided to try some out for software design. This was my first contact beyond the famous Wikipedia. Wikis are basically editable html pages for documenting facts, design, and collaborating amongst users. Here are the results:

I tried FlexWiki and read their basic documentation to add namespaces and edit pages. I set it up on my localhost and continuously ran into 404 errors after updating a page. The few fixes I read about looked incomplete, so I scrapped the FlexWiki.

Next I installed DokuWiki from a PHP application on my Kensoft server. I'll update the review when I'm done setting up a sample. But in the meantime, I'd recommend avoiding FlexWiki.

Reference: http://www.splitbrain.org/go/dokuwiki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory